Wood Turned Wine Stop
This is a miniature turned wine glass made from Oregon Myrtle wood. It comes from Coastal regions of southwest Oregon and central California. This is a decorative wine stop and is not meant to stay in the wine bottle for more than a day or so.
Overall length is 5" (12.7cm) by 1 3/8" (3.49cm) at the top.
The very first thing I do is hand select each piece and then turn the wine stop to the final shape. The wine stop is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits of sandpaper, to create a very smooth surface. Multiple different types of glue and waxes are applied to protect the stopper for years of hard use. Each stopper goes through a 21 step process to achieve the lustrous polished to a mirror-like shine.
Handmade Product Highlights
· Made in the USA by the artisan Dale J Dansie
Additional Information on Handcrafted Items
· All of the items on Just Another Woodcrafter are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my shop.
· All of the wood or other material used to create the items are chosen for their best qualities and color.
· The picture(s) that you see will be the actual item you will receive. Excluding props used for demonstration purposes.
· All items will be shipped out within 24 hours of purchase unless special ordered or other arrangements have been made.
· Each item is unique, no two items will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art and not machined or copied.
· All items are wrapped and shipped with loving care to you.